Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Favorite Thing Part One:

I read this blog where this girl writes one favorite thing on her blog every weekend and I thought it was a fabulous idea!  Since right now I have been so blessed, there are a lot of favorites.  But for today it is General Conference.  It is such a blessing to be able to listen and be counseled to the prophets of the world.  Their testimonies are so strong, and they help to srengthen mine.  The talk that really stood out to me today was the one about teaching your children at home.  I can't remember who gave it.  But it's something I've been thinking about for awhile.  I've always felt that parents should be the teacher's of their children, we shouldn't just depend on the school system or primary.  Parents should teach their children how to read, write, and add.  They should teach their children gospel principles and how to build a testimony.  By having that hand in our children's life, I feel like they will be comfortable coming to us when they have questions or struggles in life.  Anyway, that's what I got out of it.

Other things I love about General Conference weekend:
-Making a big breakfast
-Staying in my pajamas all day
-Cuddling with my husband ;)
-Playing Ultimate Frisbee between Saturday sessions (Not this year, since it snowed a foot this morning)
-Watching the cheesy mormon movies on BYUTV
-Game night after Priesthood session
-Sleeping in!

No comments: