Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ummm, I just feel like posting something to avoid homework. This week has gone by so fast. Which is absolutly fine with me. I cannot wait for the three day weekend. I need this time to relax and rejuvinate myself. These past few weeks have been really hard. I've been dizzy almost everyday. I don't know how I lived before Ben. I remember days last semester when I would walk myself home while I was dizzy and would just pray that I wouldn't slip or accidently walk into the street. Ben is my hero. He takes me home, sets up the tv next to the bed, and tucks me in so that I'm nice and cozy. He brings me his laptop and glasses of water. I am so grateful for him.

While in the temple today, I read this scripture:

2 Nephi 2:2 "...thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain."

I know that the Lord has given me my trials for a reason and that somehow, they are actually a blessing. They have been consecrated for my gain. So, instead of being angry and dissapointed in myself when I get sick, I have decided to spend my time counting my blessings and thanking God for the strengths I have been given through this trial. I think that's a much more productive way to spend my time :)

<3 Rachel Betts p.s. Stevie Wonder is amazing!

3 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

very inspiring, thx love

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.

PS. You are the sunshine of my life. That's why I'll always be around!

Anonymous said...

By the way, thanks for doing our pictures. They're wonderful!