Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Snow

Just when I think I've left all that cold fluffy stuff back in Idaho...it decides to "snow" here. It wasn't sticking to the ground or anything and it prolly only lasted about 30 minutes...but it was awesome. It hasn't snowed here in at least 7 years. My little brothers had a blast running around in it and catching it in their hands. They were freaking out.

Anyways...I've been home since Saturday night. Our drive home was pretty crazy. We hit a big snowstorm as we were coming into Rigby, ID so we stopped there to get snow tires. It was hilariouse...it was super early in the morning and we were trying to stay awake but before we knew it we were all sprawled out in the lobby of some auto shop. We were all sleeping and we woke up to a bunch of other customers staring at us. The rest of the drive was still pretty scary. We saw a couple of cars flipped over on the side of the road and one giant truck that had skidded off the road. We had to put chains on going through Donner Pass and we could only drive like 30 mph....not fun. In the end we made it home safe and sound :)

Being home has been amazing! Monday I did absolutly nothing. It was great. I got up around noon, made mom some food (she's been kinda sick), and then watched movies all day. Normally, I would feel guilty about being so lazy, but I figure I worked so hard last week for finals, I deserve it. Alex and Sam and I have been having so much fun, we have been having a Karate Kid marathon...I love those movies. Jules and I will soon be getting our party on. She was still in school she has been working like crazy for her dance recital so we haven't been able to hang out much. She dragged me to see Twilight with her tonight....not my favorite movie...don't see it.

So Elche has been coming up to me like every 5 minutes and putting her nose right in my face. It's like she's checking to make sure I'm still sitting here. She's so adorable :)

<3 Rachel
p.s. 6 days till Christmas!

1 comment:

April said...

Snowing in Woodland? What?! Global warming must be a bunch of doo-da!