Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's 21 degress outside...

So this morning I did something that I hate doing more than anything else. I got up at 6:30 a.m. (before the sun rose), put on long underwear, a hat, gloves, long-sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, and a coat, and went out into the freezing cold to take pictures. We are studying the color of light at the moment so I have to take pictures before sunrise. Even with a thermos full of hot cocoa...my nose was frozen and I couldn't feel my fingers! I don't have those pictures on my computer yet since I just got back, but here are some other assignments I have turned in this semester:

These pictures were taken for an emotion assignment. Lots of the labels I gave them are really cheesy...but whatever. I labeled this as confusion, but my teacher thought it looked more like violence.
So I took this picture as a kind of contrast to the previouse one. I think it looks very calm and organized. I printed this one really big and put a frame on it...I love it!
This is the bottom of an "Employees Only" door at some warehouse. Obviously it's a very busy place...so this was labled busy.

These next few pictures are studies of color harmony, color contrast, and monochromatic color.
monochromatic
Color Harmony
Monochromatic
Color Contrast

Color Contrast
Color Harmony? I don't remember lol
Color Harmony

Monochromatic

So my pictures are starting to all get the same feel and my teacher told me he's noticed that I've started developing my style of photography. He told me to start pushing the boundaries of what I've been doing so that I can develope it even further. I'm finally starting to feel like photography is the right thing! Yay!

<3 Rachel

p.s. I applied for the European Tour yesterday! I find out if I get in on November 4th :)

3 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

I love the leaf color harmony! Super cool!

Ryan J. Mannie said...

The first picture reminds me of the album cover for Nine Inch Nails' "The Downward Spiral"

The whole album is amazing and is one of my favorites. It's mainly about the struggle of depression and suicide and self afflictions, be it of the mind or in a physical manner of mutilation.

Regardless I like the pictures, I just wanted to put out my thoughts on the first one. lol

Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome shots. I have not been to your site for a while and see that your photographs have come a long way(not that your pictures were bad before). I would definately say that you have found your style. I can't wait to see more. love ya.

Jared